Friday, October 26, 2007

What to do, what to do.....

Ok, we have a lot of trim that would look just wonderful stripped and stained. But it's not. It's this nasty dirty cream color. I've lived with for a year and I'm sick of it. I'm also sick of the wallpaper. It's bugging me. I'm also sick of the cream carpeting. C'mon people! WHO puts this stuff in a CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW house?????? Who tears out original built-ins?????
So the other I say to dear hubby....if we're going to have Thanksgiving here we need to get the carpet cleaned. Which then leads him to peak under the carpeting in the living room. (We already know the carpeting in the dining area is GLUED down.) Yup this stuff is just tacked down and the floor under it isn't TOO bad. We could live with it for a while, (a year) before re-finishing it. So then dear hubby says, well if I'm going to tear up the carpeting I might as well tear out the wallpaper. I think to myself, that is never going to get finished before Christmas. Thanksgiving, I could really care less about, Christmas however..............

2 comments:

Di said...

I feel your pain... I haven't decorated for Christmas (or any holiday) since we bought the house :( All the same, I suggest going for it. There's never a good time to tear up your house, and an upcoming holiday might give you some incentive to finish. As for the wallpaper, get a steamer. My $40 steamer from Lowes is the best investment we've made since we bought the house. We had at least 4 layers of paper, one of them painted several times, and the steamer is a God-send.

Shay said...

The previous owner was a great guy and appreciated (and protected) the woodwork...but put down dirty beige sculptured shag in every room but the kitchen.

There, he put in harvest gold/avocado green indoor/outdoor carpeting.

Feh.