Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Window progress

I know people often wonder if we actually work on the house. Well I tell you it's hard sometimes. I will try not to make too many excuses, but it's hard.
Well this weekend I have progress to show you!
Paint actual paint on windows!
Can you believe it?
Will wonders never cease?
How nice to do they look?
Then we have the back overhang. Man is that thing a monster to strip. We didn't strip what wasn't peeling. We probably should have and we probably will regret it. But that thing is a mess to strip.
Well, we still have about 17 windows, not including the basement ones to strip. And they all kinda look like this. We can't pry the storm window out of this piano window. The storm window was sealed in there probably 15 years ago. I don't know how to get it out. That is the original storm and the original window and glass. I don't want to break either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My daughter's room is over the porch roof. I don't know how we're going to get the storms off of her windows either. Those things are in there tight.

No comments: