Monday, August 27, 2007

Suck it up

Okay the past couple of posts I've been whining about the basement. Now it's time to suck it up and move on. This house has been one thing after another after another. Then with the seeping basement walls and floor it seemed like that was it. It was just too much for me to handle. We lost my stepson's room, all the carpet, half of what he owned, all the drywall and a lot of other stuff. But it's just that stuff. It took 5 days or so of me whining and being just overwhelmed with the nasty flood smell to get over it.
Today we went through another little Hicksville town to get to my son's daycare. His daycare has been closed because it had over an inch of mud in it. They had to sanitize and clean and rip out drywall and stuff. We saw people who have a right to whine. They are living in tents, in RVs, in their backyards, or their homes have just been condemned. I saw old bungalows that can never be restored. I felt I could not take pictures of such tragedy, it was just too personal. I have no right to whine. No right. No excuse my past few posts. It was just me re-prioritizing the to-do list on my old money pit here.
Here are some pictures run in the local news. This one was a park my kids play at.

2 comments:

Andy said...

You may think you have no right to whine, but it really sucks even so. I have some coworkers who had three feet plus of water in their basements, and they live nowhere near water. Just on flat suburbia land with sewers that couldn't handle all that water. Ugh. Good luck in the battle to reprioritize and fix everything back up...

Our Little Bungalow said...

We'll we've done some "waterproofing" paint thing to the walls, but the chimney is still too wet. The pictures are just too depressing to post. That old brick just wicks the moisture in. We'll see how it holds if we get some more rain tonight. I'm just happy there's NO standing water in my basement!