Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ok I'm better.....I think

Well we encapsulated the wood with some nifty paint from HyTech it's called Encapsulgard. We placed our order and the paint came fairly quickly. Very nice. It goes on nice as well. Two coats gave us the desired thickness. It was quite funny to see me hanging out the window over the porch. With the help of the captain I was feeling quite limber. :-)

So now we just have my youngest sons room to do. That I am so not looking forward to. It's his lead levels that are rising. They are still in the normal range, but they are rising.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Interesting. How smelly is this stuff? We need to do something similar and I'm about as excited as you are to strip the woodwork.

Fred said...

Glad to know you got the job done. I left a question on the prior lead-paint post related to this.

Our Little Bungalow said...

Thanks Fred!!!

Susie-
The smell isn't that bad. BUT you have to remember I've also been working with mold inhibiting paint in the basement lately and THAT stuff is stinky, plus I had no ventilation there!
Do as much research as you can, and try NOT to strip, but encapsulate the paint, especially if you have children under the age of 6.