Saturday, April 7, 2007

Bathroom floor???

I'm at a loss what do with it. Tile? I've never done tile and I'm scared. Then of course I want the HEATED tile, because face it, this house seeps heat in the winter and damn it my feet are always cold. The old tile had to go. It was beige/almond/cream. Sorry....gone! Plus it was past it's prime and there was no real fix to it, especially since we had to tear up the floor to get the shower plumbed in. Now do I go for REALLY gaudy? Or kinda subtle? I change my mind more about the bathroom floor than I did about the kid's names. (And trust me that was a lot!)

2 comments:

sarah said...

Hae you thought about cork? Nicely sound absorbent and warm, pretty to look at and easy to install. I believe you just glue and seal them. They usually run about $10 a square foot. Try Bioshield or Lowes.

Muskego Jeff said...

If you want tile flooring and are reasonably confident in your abilities, do it. Most decent tile stores can provide everything you'll need, from the tile to the thinset to the cement board to the trowel. Some will even cut the tile for you as needed around the borders. It seems harder than it really is. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of work, but it sure looks good when you're done! Soon I'll start re-habbing the full bathroom in my house and will go with the heating system for it. I didn't bother with the floor heating in my half-bath and won't do it in the kitchen or main entrance when I tile those areas as well.