Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ok people I have an issue

Ok the entrance and hallway wallpaper stripping has come to screeching halt. But I've got some trim painted white, does that count? No? Shucks.

What's my issue? What's my problem? Well. I'm 5' 3 1/3" the DMV makes me choose either 5'3" or 5'4" so I choose 5'4" to feel better, but that really stretching it. Now I have some *really* short friends, so I often forget I'm short as well. BUT I remembered it recently. Yup, the stupid hallway leads into the stairway, I have no idea how to get the wallpaper down from there. Hubs has an idea, but for the life of me all I can see is one trip to the ER for me.

Oh and BTW here is Don Helfrich's signature from August 1985.

Have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

:) I'm the opposite... I chose to go with 5'4" instead of 5'5".. I'm really 5'4.5".

Our Little Bungalow said...

I think to think bigger, hubs says that's my whole problem. LOL

Andy said...

That's over the stairs? I think you might have to construct temporary, but strong and stable, scaffolding, no? I remember when my dad, bro and I were drywalling my parents' back porch...over a double staircase and a landing. I think my dad spent more time constructing a scaffolding that would reach down to each level (porch, landing, basement floor) than we did putting up the drywall. But it was safe, even though it was temporary...I wish I remember what it looked like...good luck though...

Corey said...

I exposed brick at the top of my staircase and used an articulating ladder. Here is a link to the ladder type. http://www.toolfetch.com/Category/Roofing/Ladders/CT412.htm

To get more height out of the ladder I set the top of the ladder (folded in half at a 90 degree angle) on top of a bucket. It was quite unstable, but I had a friend sit on said bucket to stop the ladder from swaying. It wasn't quite the safest thing I've ever done, so you may want to consider some scaffolding.